1. My week started with a trip to the dentist, not the best way to start a week. I have had tooth issues for the last couple of months which has involved a trip to the emergency dental hospital 4 days before Christmas and popping a lot of pain killers. Finally, I had my bad tooth extracted on Tuesday. I was pretty scared and nervous about it but my new dentist is a total hero who took that bad tooth out like it was no big deal and then hummed along to pearl jam with me while I sat in shock that it was all over so quickly. He also gave me some new cleaning treatment which left my teeth pearly and white. So basically I now love my dentist and I'm booked in for regular check ups along with Zoe.
2. If you read my blog, you'll know I am big into meal planning. I designed a really cool (well I think so) meal planner this week for myself, having struggled to find one I liked. After I got a few compliments on it I decided to make it available as a free download, so check out the blog tomorrow if you want to grab a freebie.
3. Zoe is BIG into drawing right now. We got her the IKEA easel for her birthday and she loves it. We don't keep it out all the time, but every morning without fail she asks for her "pens" or "chalks". It is so wonderful to see as I was exactly the same as a kid and love to share this creativity with her. I really want to expand some of the creative things we do together, so if anyone has any ideas or links to share, please do!
4. I made a slammin sweet potato and chickpea curry this week with brown rice and roasted kale. It was so delicious and I felt so healthy even when I went back for seconds. I also started Reading Lauren Graham's new book Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between which I am already half way through and loving. If you're a Lorelai fan, you'll love it too.
5. LOOK AT THESE BOOTS! These were one of those purchases where I wish they did them in my size too, so me and Zoe could twin. I picked them up in the M&S sale for £9.99 and cannot wait to see her in them. I was thinking about doing a little toddler style post soon so watch this space for more boots spam.
6. During the same shopping trip where I bought the aforementioned boots, I tried on this dress. I was a complete idiot and didn't buy it! WHY??!!??! I plan to dash back in store next week and pray there is one left. Wish me luck.
How did your week go?