1. On Monday I did something I haven't done for about 9 months and went out for a run. I was dreading it, it had rained all day and I had nearly text and cancelled about 20 times, but, I DID IT! And you know what? I enjoyed it! Me and my Sister have decided to try and go out twice a week.
2. I have also been attempting to be a bit better with food, although I am not being very successful. I can be an absolute angel all day, porridge for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch, fruit snacks, and then I get home and it all goes to pot! By the time Zoe is in bed I am ravenous, so I eat HUGE portions of dinner, snack on chocolate, pick, snack, glass of wine... Ugh. I need to stop, but my willpower is still in hibernation. Sigh.
3. I made doughnuts! Paul had the day off on Thursday which meant I could do some baking without toddler interruptions. They turned out really well, keep an eye on the blog next week for the recipe.
4. I finally got myself on snapchat! (@nellyscupcakes if you want to add me, although I feel old and lost on there if I am honest.) and tried one of these face swap thingy-ma-jigs that all the kids are doing. Frankly I am traumatised! Seriously it is like something from a horror film! LOL
5. We went to the beach last Sunday as a family, we grabbed a Flat White from the Ouseburn Coffee Company and wandered around Tynemouth Market, and then headed for the beach for ice cream and a run about. Zoe loved it, although she ate a little too much sand for my liking. The sling came in very handy when her legs got tired walking on the sand. (The sling is a Kokadi Ahoi in a size 4, I am rocking a reinforced ruck back carry, tied knotless)
6. We have been making a real effort to do more things as a family. When on maternity leave me and Zoe would go out and about a lot through the week, and we used weekends to chill out with Daddy. However, now I am back at work we get less chance to go out and do things, so we have pledged to go out each weekend and do something as a family. Even just a walk on the beach, or a trip to our local park. If anyone local has any suggestions for *affordable* activities for us, feel free to share!
How was your week?