Monday, 20 February 2012
Meal Planning Monday - 20/02/12
Another week, another meal plan.
I have been slightly less organized this week and done my weekly online shop without a formal meal plan in place.
I have noticed since I started this process it is alot easier to plan 5 evening meals and have the ingredients but not set precise days to make them. As inevitably I get in on a evening and we change our minds or fancy something else.
Last week we stuck to 3 out of the five days but on different days, then we had a couple of sort-yourself-out nights which worked out well if I am honest. I like the concept of meal planning but I am learning that flexibility is the best approach in my house.
So here is this weeks flexible meal plan;
Monday: Beef and Pearl Barley Stew with homemade bread
Tuesday: Sort Yourself Out Night
Wednesday: Chicken Kievs with boiled potatoes
Thursday: Beef Chilli & Brown Rice
Friday: Lasagne and garlic bread
Can you tell that beef mince was on special in Tesco this week?
The good thing about all of the meals this week is that there is always lots of leftovers to take for lunches the next day.
So the weekly shop this week came to £50.17 which is more than the £40 I had hoped but I did have to stock up on cat food, cat litter and a few basics like cling film and foil etc...
Considering we didn't shop at all last week I am taking this as a victory!
08:00:00 meal planning monday
- ► 2016 ( 65 )
- ► 2014 ( 17 )
- ► 2013 ( 79 )
- Stem Ginger and Cinnamon Teacakes
- Meal Planning Monday - 27/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Beef Porridge Fail
- Cladestine Cake Club - February 2012
- You're a Star Cupcakes with Just Bake
- Blog Camp 2012 - Introduction
- Pancake day: Reese's Pieces Buttermilk Pancakes
- Meal Planning Monday - 20/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cake
- Daisy Cupcakes
- Happy Valentines Day!
- Meal Planning Monday - 13/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Chicken and Leek Pie
- Pinterest - A bloggers resource
- A lovely surprise in the post...
- Valentines Shortbread Biscuits
- And the winners are....
- Private Pie - February
- Meal Planning Monday - 6/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Leftover Stew Pie.
- Mini Lemon Meringue Tarts
- The French Oven Macarons.
- ▼ February ( 23 )