Thursday, 23 February 2012
Cladestine Cake Club - February 2012
Last night was the February meeting of the Clandestine Cake Club in Newcastle. The theme of this month was "If you were a cake, what would you be". Needless to say there was some nutty, boozy and sparkly cakes on display, which probably says a lot about the people who attend; they are awesome!
This is the third CCC I have been to and each month I think it can't possibly get better and then it does, the cakes on display were varied and delicious and has left me with so much inspiration for my own baking. I love that there are so many like-minded baking fans in my city. The Newcastle Cake Club is so popular that there is a waiting list of people desperate to come along, there is actually talk of a second club starting to meet the demand of hungry cake fans.
Here are some of my favourite cakes of the night;
I didn't bake this month as my guest from last month wanted to share her wonderful Pecan and Pineapple Herman Friendship Cake. I am very excited for next month though and am already planning my recipe. Although I always worry about my larger cakes as I hardly ever bake them. I am much more of a cupcake girl (as you know). Maybe someone could start a cupcake club? I would be there with bells on!
The venue for this months Cake Club was the Chalk and Paper Cafe on Nelson Street. I'd never visited before even though it was in a prominent location, they kindly stayed open late for us and the interior was beautiful with some lovely comfy seats. The coffee and tea was a little pricey for me which was disappointing as I usually like to wash my cake down with a gallon or two of tea, but I settled for just the one cup (£2.40) and made up for it when I got home.
I have a sneaky suspicion of where next months meeting will be and am VERY excited! My lips are sealed.
Lynn and some of the other CCC members will be on the One Show tomorrow! Can't wait to see what they got up to. Tune in at 7pm on BBC one to find out more.
A lovely lady from Sky Tyne and Wear was at last nights CCC and here is the story (with video)
10:06:00 cake club
- ► 2016 ( 69 )
- ► 2014 ( 17 )
- ► 2013 ( 79 )
- Stem Ginger and Cinnamon Teacakes
- Meal Planning Monday - 27/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Beef Porridge Fail
- Cladestine Cake Club - February 2012
- You're a Star Cupcakes with Just Bake
- Blog Camp 2012 - Introduction
- Pancake day: Reese's Pieces Buttermilk Pancakes
- Meal Planning Monday - 20/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cake
- Daisy Cupcakes
- Happy Valentines Day!
- Meal Planning Monday - 13/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Chicken and Leek Pie
- Pinterest - A bloggers resource
- A lovely surprise in the post...
- Valentines Shortbread Biscuits
- And the winners are....
- Private Pie - February
- Meal Planning Monday - 6/02/12
- Sunday Lunch - Leftover Stew Pie.
- Mini Lemon Meringue Tarts
- The French Oven Macarons.
- ▼ February ( 23 )