Monday, 30 January 2012
Meal Planning Monday
I have submitted my post to the linky over at Mrs M's Blog
Like a lot of people nowadays money is getting pretty tight and we are searching for ways to cut costs and save a few pennies. I have noticed a few people doing "Meal Planning Monday" on their blogs and it made me stop and assess how I do my food shopping and cooking.
I am a little ashamed of just how much food gets wasted in my house through lack of planning and probably a healthy dose of laziness. This has got to stop.
So I am giving this meal planning schtick a go to see if it helps reduce my costs and stops the "whats for dinner?" questions filling me with dread.
Now I don't have any children so I am just cooking for two;
Leftover pie with boiled potatoes and sweetcorn
Breaded fish with homemade chunky chips
Quorn chilli with brown rice
Tuna Pasta Bake
Lamb chops with garlic mash and greens
Valentines cupcakes and cookie pops
Luckily I have all of the ingredients already in the house so no shopping required this week. Will need to get planning next week to get an online shop sorted in time.
Do you meal plan? How do you stay organised and stop food waste?
09:28:00 meal planning monday
- ► 2016 ( 69 )
- ► 2014 ( 17 )
- ► 2013 ( 79 )
- Grrrrr Tiger Bread: It's Puurrrfect!
- Meal Planning Monday
- Sunday Lunch - Homemade Pizza
- Hummingbird Bakery - South Kensington
- Being resourceful with leftovers...
- Low Calorie Blueberry Butterfly Cakes.
- Victory Tea: flying the flag for superior tea. (Gi...
- Sunday Lunch - Toad in the Hole.
- Primrose Bakery - Covent Garden.
- What is in my Fridge?
- Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Baking Mad TV Adventure - Filming.
- Happy New Year - Baking Mad Update.
- Ginger and Banana Loaf.
- ▼ January ( 14 )