Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Grrrrr Tiger Bread: It's Puurrrfect!
I recently saw a blog post over on Mary Anne's blog about Tiger Bread. I absolutely love Tiger Bread from the supermarket but had never really given much thought to how it was made. When I read Mary Anne's post I was intrigued and really wanted to give it a go myself...
I wont be posting a recipe as I urge everyone to click on the link to the original post, as Mary Anne's blog is amazing and informative and well worth a visit.
I did however differ from the recipe slightly, I had to add 60ml more water to the paste to get the perfect brushing consistency.
I will say that I followed a very standard white bread recipe,almost identical to my own and what makes the "tiger" effect is the paste that you spread on top of the loaf before baking.
I was really pleased with my loaf, it looked amazing and has a lovely crunch. However, the flavour was a little lacking. I was expecting that lovely signature "tiger bread" flavour but it was quite bland. I wonder if you can add flavouring to the paste?
I will definitely be making this visually stunning bread again.
- ► 2016 ( 65 )
- ► 2014 ( 17 )
- ► 2013 ( 79 )
- Grrrrr Tiger Bread: It's Puurrrfect!
- Meal Planning Monday
- Sunday Lunch - Homemade Pizza
- Hummingbird Bakery - South Kensington
- Being resourceful with leftovers...
- Low Calorie Blueberry Butterfly Cakes.
- Victory Tea: flying the flag for superior tea. (Gi...
- Sunday Lunch - Toad in the Hole.
- Primrose Bakery - Covent Garden.
- What is in my Fridge?
- Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Baking Mad TV Adventure - Filming.
- Happy New Year - Baking Mad Update.
- Ginger and Banana Loaf.
- ▼ January ( 14 )